Understand what causes this error.
Today web browsers like Firefox or Google chrome are very security conscious. Very often, we start getting messages like “SSL connection error” when we try to browse websites. Frustration thing is that many times browsers are unable to pinpoint the cause of the error.
How to solve SSL connection error
However, making a few configurations changes may fix the SSL connection error. I recommend that instead of trying everything at one go, make changes in steps and stop making any changes at whatever step SSL connection error is fixed.
1) Check the date and time of your laptop/desktop. Set the correct date and time. I recommend that you set it for “Set Time automatically.
Setting>> Date and Time
Most of the time, doing this will fix the error. If it doesn’t, let us move to our next action.
2) Update your Google Chrome to the latest version.
Launch Google Chrome >> Click on 3 little dots on the top right corner >> About >> Google Chrome will automatically check for updates and install it if required. Relaunch Google Chrome.
If this doesn’t solve your problem, move to the next step.
3) Go to Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Security >> Trusted Sites >> Sites and add https://www.google.com
Click on Apply.
Check your browser if this has sorted the problem. If the error still exists, move to the next step.
4) Open Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Advanced >> Check the options for “Use TLS” and “Use SSL”
5) If this also does not solve the SSL error issue, Open Google Chrome, Click on 3 little dots on the top right corner, click on settings >> Privacy and security >> Restore settings to their original defaults >> Reset Settings.
This will solve your problem but you will lose your customized settings whatever you must have set earlier.
I hope this article not only explained to you about not only what is SSL connection error but provided you with a solution to get rid of this irritating error.
If you are still having SSL connection error, explain your problem in the comment section and I will try my best to solve it.